kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

The Shadow Reader
Unravel Me
Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป
Johnny Be Good - Paige Toon I finished this book days ago and have been stewing on it ever since. This was my first experience with "chick lit" so I am hesitant to review it because maybe this IS what some women are looking for in a five-star read. Is this what all chick lit is like? Men cheat-- deal with it? Personally, because I was hoping for a light feel-good story, I was flabbergasted and disgusted. I am not a feminist, but I was taken aback by a story line that features a woman falling in love with a man who, while extremely hot and likeable (yes, I get the attraction), is a womanizing douche bag with very few redeeming qualities and little desire to change.I loved Meg and wanted the best for her, but she was so stupid at some parts that I wanted to smack her. This is a story about a naive girl who comes to work as a PA for a famous rockstar and falls in love with him in the process. He leads her on and breaks her heart many times and never says he's sorry. I found it terribly depressing. That being said, the book was a page-turner. I stayed up all night to finish it because I simply had to find out how it would end.The ending was abrupt, shocking, and unfulfilling because we are left wondering if there will be a sequel but there is no promise of one. I read in Amazon UK reviews that the next book by this author explains what happens to the characters. I picked up the book and spent an hour flipping pages until I found the two paragraph mention, which still left me unhappy but gave a little bit of closure.So even though I really disliked the actual story because it is about a woman who doesn't respect herself enough to say no to a guy whom she has watched, repeatedly, treat other women like napkins (use em and toss em), it is also a book that has stayed with me and I found myself waking up in the middle of the night and thinking about it and analyzing it further. If you are a fan of traditional love stories, this 'aint your book. But if you can handle the drama of chick lit, you might like this one. I will not be reading any more books in this genre though.