kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

The Shadow Reader
Unravel Me
Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป
The Lightkeeper's Ball (A Mercy Falls Novel) - Colleen Coble I chose this book because I thought it sounded exciting and interesting and it had a beautiful cover. When I received it in the mail saw it had less than 300 pages, I was almost disappointed. I was sure the story would be over too soon.Unfortunately, once I started reading, the ending couldn't come soon enough.The best way to describe how this book made me feel, was like watching an old movie where they jerk and jump between scenes with no warning. There was just no flow. The characters felt like puppets to me, and the author pulled their strings in often contradicting directions.page 1) deliver devastating news to heroine that her sister has drownedpage 2) cut to heroine standing by boat railing, a mysterious assailant pushes her overboardpage 3) heroine is saved by heropage 4) after being rescued, heroine decides not to reveal her true identity and thereby creates a major plot pointpage 5) hero takes heroine to a jewelry shop*cue record scratching* Wait, what? Why are they in a jewelry shop? Didn't they just wash up on a beach?It just jumped around and struggled between wanting to be a murder-mystery and wanting to be a romance/feel-good tale of a woman making new friends and helping them plan a charity ball to rebuild their lighthouse. I felt like the author was throwing every plot device she could think of at me, and none of them were working.There was a murder attempt, a big storm, a sprained wrist, a picnic, a kitten in a tree *gag*, an airplane crash, a sprained ankle (by this time the heroine should have been hospitalized just to save her from herself) and even with all that, after 150 pages, I just didn't care and could not continue.Based upon the variety of reviews this book is receiving, I suppose it will entirely depend on your tastes whether this book is for you. I'm a Christian, but I don't like preachy fluffy Christian romances. In fact, I avoid them at all costs. I like stories with grit and heart and characters that convince me they are real, such as Francine River's [b:Mark of the Lion Trilogy|95602|Mark of the Lion Trilogy|Francine Rivers|http://d.gr-assets.com/books/1349468100s/95602.jpg|920037].That was not this book.I suggest that you read the five star reviews before you decide whether this book is for you, because it takes all kinds and obviously somebody is enjoying this book, but for me, the lack of good characterization and the choppy scenes and the muddled plots and the terrible cliches just turned into one big hot mess. I wish I could rate it higher, but I just can't.