kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

The Shadow Reader
Unravel Me
Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป

I didn't even mean to read this book

Pieces of Lies - Angela Richardson

It was an accident, really. I downloaded it as a freebie, read some reviews and decided it wasn't for me, but still cracked it open just to read a few pages. And somewhere between the devirginizing party and the messy paint sex, I got sucked in.

But just because I got sucked in, that doesn't mean I liked it. Clearly it got my attention enough that I finished it, so it wasn't terrible but towards the middle it just became sort of meh.

I was hoping for something kind of like the movie The Skulls, because it's supposed to be about an uber secret society afterall. But we really didn't hear too much about the Lapelles other than being told they are scary and that we shouldn't mess with them. By the end I really didn't care too much about anyone, Clint had turned into a big sissy and his dialogue was so cheesy it was laughable, and it was no wonder Norah is annoying; she's surrounded by men who kept telling her what an amazing creature she is.

You know what I think of when I hear someone repeatedly called a creature?

I don't feel like writing more about this book, so I'm just going to point you to Ash's review because, yeah, what she said. I even read her whole review first, while laughing my butt off, and I still read the book. So if you get sucked in and read it too, I won't judge you.