kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

Unravel Me
Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป
Whitney, My Love - Judith McNaught

This book was the third Judith McNaught I've read and it's going to be my last. Her books are riddled with unreasonable misunderstandings and the same plot devices with minor tweaks. I enjoyed the book and the characters and was totally engaged in the story until about halfway through, so I can understand some of the high ratings, but then WHAMMO! The book became a train wreck. When the hero suddenly chooses to believe a silly lie about his fiance (from a known gossip who hates her) and then to "punish" her practically rapes her and then lets her go, I was miffed. Later in the story when they work it out and are happily married and she is expecting a baby, he does it again! What husband on Earth, let alone a loving one, would "discover" something from his wife's past and be so mad about it he just decides not to be married to her anymore (without talking to her about it) and head to the city looking for a mistress? I thought that was just totally ridiculous and ruined an otherwise nicely told story. I understand that there has to be a cliffhanger in the story at some point, but I'm not a fan of ridiculous misunderstandings and emotionally abusive men.