kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

The Shadow Reader
Unravel Me
Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป
Juliet - Anne Fortier What did I think? I think I feel kind of ambivalent towards this book. There were things I really liked, such as the story line set in 1340 and the variation on the story of Romeo and Juliet (Guilietta).There were also things that ruined the book for me, such as the cheesy, slangy disjointed dialogue and the unbelievable story line. I'm usually easy to suck in and I will buy just about anything a book is selling as long as it's well-done. To me, the heroine in this book, and the way she interacted with her sister, made the book feel like a Nancy Drew, or maybe "Sweet Valley Twins go to Italy." It felt childish and silly when it was supposed to be suspenseful, and it kept me from engaging with the characters. In my opinion, the heroine wasn't worthy of the important role she was supposedly born for, and the romance was also very cold.I know that many people really enjoyed it so I don't want to discourage other people who might like it as well, but it just wasn't for me. The book cover lauded it as "The Da Vinci Code for the modern thinking woman," which may be why I was so disappointed. I really liked that book, and this one left me bored.