kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

The Shadow Reader
Unravel Me
Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป
Rule (Marked Men, #1) - Jay Crownover Ok I didn't hate it. Two stars is a little harsh. I read it quickly and wanted to see how it ended, but I really should have known I wouldn't be able to swallow it with two main characters named Rule and Shaw. Ugh, they sound like they could have stepped out of a Paulie Shore movie. I can appreciate that this is the first effort of an independent author and my hat is off to her for being brave and putting herself out there. However, the dialogue, combined with the stupid names, kind of ruined it for me. No mother, no matter how broken or hurt, would talk to her son like that and show zero remorse or compassion. I also didn't like the gigantic paragraphs of dialogue that spewed out information we should have been shown instead of told. It wasn't believable and was rather forgettable, although it was an ok way to pass time. Plus, I just don't think "marked" men are my cup of tea. Tattoos are ok, body modification not so much. I actually googled what some of that crap on his junk was because it sounded scary to me and I couldn't visualize it. Then I wished I hadn't.