kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป

That time I fell in love with Warner

Destroy Me - Tahereh Mafi

So, I rarely read novellas or the .5 books authors put out between series installations, but my favorite character in Shatter Me was Warren and I was curious to get inside his head.

This is what I found:

"There is little I allow anyone to discover about me. There's even less I'm willing to share about myself. And of the many things I've never discussed, this is one of them... I like to take long baths."

Holy crap. Warren, I think I could love you. Misunderstood with a dry internal humor just does it for me.

Not only did this little book help me understand Warren's past and motivations, but it gave me a glimpse into his real feelings about Juliette. Especially when he found the notebook she dropped in her escape and read through it... I hate to say it, but I think he does have the potential to really understand her and to love her.

"I don't regret putting her through such a horrifying experience; I don't know that she would've ever allowed herself to finally lose control-- to finally inhabit her own body--if I hadn't found an effective method of provoking her. Ultimately, I really believe it helped her, just as I intended it to. But I do wish she hadn't pointed a gun at my face and jumped out a window shortly afterward."

I had mixed feelings towards Warren after Shatter Me, mostly disgust and pity, but Tahereh Mafi managed to change my mind and I'm curious to see how Juliette reacts if she ever learns the truth about some of his actions.

"This girl is destroying me. A girl who has spent the last year in an insane asylum. A girl who would try to shoot me dead for kissing her. A girl who ran off with another man just to get away from me. Of course this is the girl I would fall for. I close a hand over my mouth. I am losing my mind."

Warren is the main reason I'm reading the next book. I hope he gets the girl, even if its a long shot.