kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

The Shadow Reader
Unravel Me
Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป
Paint the Wind - Cathy Cash Spellman I guess I'm the only one who just didn't get what all the fuss was about. I bought and *tried* to read this book because of all the five-star reviews and I was sorely disappointed. I hung in there until about page 400 and then just started skimming to find out what happens in the end. I didn't care for the writing style. It was choppy and cursory in parts and I felt like she was just skimming over major opportunities to develop the characters and deepen the story. After 400 pages I honestly just didn't care who Fancy wound up with because she didn't mean anything to me at all. The characters were flat, except for Hart, and I couldn't figure out which direction the author wanted to take. It felt like she couldn't decide so she had the rich daughter of a plantation owner raised by a black man, they join the circus, she learns magic from a gypsy, gets two brothers to fall in love with her, becomes a famous actress in New York then opens a saloon back in Colorado, marries the wrong man, strikes it rich in a mine, is pursued/stalked by a jealous ex, struggles with the quandry of being a working mother.... this story was just all OVER the place. The only part that remotely moved me was in the middle of the book when a child died. Otherwise this book, for me, was a big waste of time. I don't understand where all the other reviews came from. Never in a million years would I group this in the same hemisphere as Gone with the Wind.