kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

The Shadow Reader
Unravel Me
Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป
Tempest Rising - Nicole Peeler I had a sample of this book on my Kindle for a loooong time. So long, I didn't even remember what it was about or when I downloaded it. But I opened it one day and started reading and within a few pages I was caught, hook, line, and sinker.What a fantastic debut novel~ I was VERY disappointed when I reached the end and realized I would have to wait for the next one! Other reviewers have done a fabulous job of recapping the plot, so am just going to offer my four-star rating and tell you what I loved about this book.Jane True is not a comedy or a spoofy chick-lit story where the heroine says ditzy things all the time and yet people around her think she's a genius. That being said, this book was still HILARIOUS. I found myself laughing out loud at several parts and Jane's internal dialogue was a hoot. She is witty and very relatable, but I also see that there is a lot of room for her to grow, both as a person and in her powers. The cast of characters will make for some very interesting world-building and I cannot wait to see where this series goes. What I love about urban fantasy is that there is always a romantic interest, but much like real-life you don't know if they will live happily ever after. Just because a relationship starts out good, you have no guarantees that it will stay that way. So it keeps you flipping pages to find out what will happen next and keeps you guessing.This looks to be the start of a fantastic new urban fantasy series, and Jane True is up at the top of my list of heroines to watch.