kira

Kira

I do not have time to read, but the books just keep getting stuck to my face. UF, HF, YA, fluffy romance, whatever. I love it all.

But I might judge you if you hand out five stars all willy nilly.

The Untold

Clockwork Princess

Kira's favorite books ยป

Shadowreader #2: Warning, cliffs ahead

The Shattered Dark - Sandy Williams

I have a feeling that if I re-read this book after the third and final installment is out, I will like it a lot more than I do right now. I'm supremely frustrated with the ending, and was bored for the first third of the book, but the last 14% was worth the whole read and I'm still fully invested in this series.

I need closure on this whole Aren/Kyol situation, especially since it was so beautifully black and white right up till the end.

I left Kyol because I wasn't myself when I was with him. I was careful with my thoughts, my words, and my actions. I tried to become someone I wasn't all because I wanted to be worthy of him. I don't feel that way with Aren. If we work out, it will be because we work, not because we're changing ourselves to meet the other's expectations.

The choice was very clear and McKenzie wasn't wishy-washy about it, even when it was painful, which I really admired. But now the author has presented us with a conundrum and I don't know how it will all work out, or even if it will. *big sigh*

Also, I would like to state for the record, just as Heather so eloquently put it in her review, I am "schmexy scene frustrated." So close so many times, and yet so far away. What good are those zingy lightning bolts if no one ever gets to enjoy them?